Sunday, February 20, 2005

Sunday Is A Day For Musing--even if it's a day late.

1. Is it crazy to say that "Commando" might be the greatest movie of all time?

2. Or is it "Wayne's World"? Sunday was a day for random movie watching and "Wayne's World" still stands the test of time. I may or may not have been headbanging to Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody"...One of the greatest movie scenes of all time.

3. Last night, she and I had the best conversation we've had in a couple weeks. Before that, it was seven months. It's nice to see that it's becoming more commonplace. She really does still rock.

4. The NHL started the weekend with a tease that they might "un-cancel" the cancelled season. Then--like they do--they went and embarrassed themselves some more and came up with the same old shit. They need to stay away until they can really get it right. Otherwise, they're just like some fickle little girl who won't let the healing begin for your broken heart.

5. Elimidate is probably not the best TV show ever.

6. My roommate is getting married. In August. As of today, he is still in school, has no job, and is planning on going to California for the summer to do some contract labor. His fiancee won't see him for three months. He'll be coming back about two weeks before his wedding. I'm sure this will work.

7. Thank you George for your authentic seafood gumbo that you sent me. Belinda Carlisle was right. Heaven really is a place on earth.

8. She is off work for President's Day. I am not. I'm inclined to complain. But then I remember my eleven day Christmas vacation and suddenly feel guilty again.

9. The class I'm taking now on Kiekegaard may be the best I've ever taken because I leave almost every class feeling like I'm learning lessons that will save me.

10. There is no worse radio market in America than Oklahoma City. Oklahoma City is a great place and truly deserves better. But in the meantime, I will rely solely on my impeccable taste in music to fuel my kick-ass CD collection.

11. For those of you familiar with the show "Cheaters", there may be no greater moment in television history than when Joey Greco gets stabbed by one of the cheating boyfriends he and his show have confronted. I feel conflicted. On the one hand, there's a part of me that sorta enjoyed seeing the little pompous, self-righteous prick get his. On the other hand, all the people that "Cheaters" catch in the act deserve the humiliation they're receiving.

12. There's nothing more sad than when a guy suspects his girlfriend is cheating and it turns out that she is cheating with another chick. Is it okay to feel turned on and sympathetic all at once?

13. There's a commercial on for some 90's R&B compilation CD and I have one very important question. Does anyone think that Keith Sweat is really that guy's name?

14. The great Hunter S. Thompson is dead of death: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=1996230 He was crazy, brilliant, passionate, scary and he will definitely be missed.

15. I indulged in an old habit last night and I really do feel bad--except that last night I felt like I was home.

16. Poor bastard on "Cheaters" is witnessing the video footage of his girlfriend's illicit Lesbian affair.

17. Hey there Idaho girl, I hope your mind takes a breather more often. It's really okay to let your mind wander sometimes. You're not dead. Your heart and your body are still in the place where they belong and that's all that's important.

18. JC, I hope you have an amazing semester. You deserve it. If my life was different, we might have been, too. Your friendship has meant more to me than you'll ever know. I'm sorry I didn't hold up my end more consistently.

19. Back to "Cheaters". Turned out the girl who was having the illicit Lesbian affair had this Irish accent. I am so hot right now. Apparently he was, too. He forgave her in like two minutes. I would have taken at least five.

20. I am now ready for five hours of sleep.

Song of the Day: "Bittersweet Bundle of Misery"
Artist: Graham Coxon
Album: Happiness in Magazines
Lyric of Possible Relevance: "You're really cool. I like the way we fight right through the night. And the way you used to kiss was way outa sight. But I can never hope to set you free 'cus you're my bittersweet bundle of misery."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: Point #15...You smoked, didn't you??? Tsk tsk tsk.

Also, suggestion for Song of the Day and possible lyric of relevence: It's Good to be King by Tom Petty.... "Excuse me if I have some place in my mind where I go time to time." Delightful.

Anonymous said...

Cheaters is my absolute guilty pleasure. I especially like when I see Dallas sights that I know, then can drive by them later and grin in the memory of someone getting owned by Joey Greco (who, by the way, sells upscale real estate in N. Dallas for his full time job.)